Friday, February 4, 2011

Perihelion: and the Year of Self-Resurrection by Marundu Muturi




Whispers of the past,
Breezes of a mere innocent time,

The flames of my conscience are
fanned back to life,

To burn and singe at the edges
of my resurrection,

So that that which was renewed
Becomes once again old,

And the fumes from
my guilt and doubt

Choke and blind me from 
the paths of forgiveness.

I turn back towards the
familiar, the pain and the 

self-flagellation………….but for,
an instant.



[1] Perihelion:

On January 2nd 2011 around midnight, the earth reached its closest orbital point to the Sun - 91.65 million miles away. At Perihelion, Earth is 3 million miles closer to the Sun than when it is at its farthest point in July, at Aphelion. [borrowed from Ecotime.blogspot.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are highly appreciated.